OK, so here are a few things that we've gotten done around the house. Here is Havalah's room when we moved in. Old yucky carpeting with brown stained linoleum underneath. We pulled out the carpet, de-glossed the floor, primed and painted it with a high gloss floor paint. Soooo much better.
Some very, very nice family members came over and helped me pull off the wallpaper.
And here it is now: new paint and lighting. Yay! Her pictures and window treatments aren't up yet, but otherwise it's finished. The previous owner left behind this neat wooden valance (see top photo) that I have big plans for. I will post a picture of her window when I finally get it finished.

Some very, very nice family members came over and helped me pull off the wallpaper.Here is Henry's room before. His is the only room that really just needed a bit of paint.

Here it is after. New paint and lighting and much, much better. Ditto on the pictures and curtains, but I'll get there.

And here he is, doing what he loves best. Jumping from the window sill to the beanbag. And yes, that is a lollipop stick in his mouth. I'm such a good Mother.
More updates to come soon (hopefully)! I'm currently painting the playroom and Jon is working in the living room, pulling down wood paneling, taking it all to the studs to get ready to put in some windows on either side of the fireplace. Once that is done, I can focus in on the living room, which will be wonderful!
Here it is after. New paint and lighting and much, much better. Ditto on the pictures and curtains, but I'll get there.
And here he is, doing what he loves best. Jumping from the window sill to the beanbag. And yes, that is a lollipop stick in his mouth. I'm such a good Mother.
13 comments:
Wow! You guys have already accomplished so much! I love the pink in Havah's room. Emma Clare currently wants a red room and I am trying to persuade her to choose a nice shade of pink or of course a pastel from my color palette. I love H's little nook!!! LOve that about older homes!
Everything looks wonderful!
oops, that comment was from me...
(Jenna) :)
So beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing. It's fun to see the before and after shots.
How very cool! I love them. Love the colors. Love everything. You're making me want to paint.
YAY!!!! :)
I've been really excited to catch a glimpse!!
This makes me smile!! Both rooms look so beautifully decorated and perfect for each of your kids!!
I have to say, I am envious of the chandalier (sp?) in Hav's room!! I have ALWAYS wanted to have one too!! I am toying with the idea of one in our laundry...perhaps I will feel more like a princess as I wrestle with my mountains of laundry! :)
Well done, friend!! Your hard work shines through!!
You are always welcome to come over and help me with our boys' rooms too!!
Kristen & jon, your rooms look beautiful!! You are so talented.
Maybe you should post this on HGTV?
How long has all this taken?
love, denise
Thanks to all of you for such nice comments! It means a lot to hear such kind words. You are all so sweet. ♥
Hi again, sometime in the future can you post some pictures of your dogs? Also pictures of lovely Kristen & handsome Jon?
[ your children are beautiful ]
just like their mom & dad!!
big sis
Your kids have such cute rooms! You guys did a fantastic job. That hard work paid off!
Wow- so good looking! I love the chandilier in your little girl's room and the nook is such nice character to have!
I'm proud of you! It is easier to work for the people you love, isn't it?
~N
Strong and beautiful work! Ken
Oh I LOVE it all! I can not wait to see more! You are the queen of decorating and making things special AND simple...so so nice.
Post a Comment