Tuesday, February 16, 2010

beautiful blogs

Miller Moments tagged me this nice blogger award - which made my day! Thank you, Kristi! With this award I'm supposed to share 7 things about myself and pass it on to some other beautiful blogs. I love the blogging world and the community that it is. It's such a blessing to "connect" with another homeschooling mother all the way across the country, for example, or another family who is also remodeling their house in California. The inspiration is endless!
OK, so here are my 7 things:
1. When I was little, a boy put a snake into my desk. As a result I'm deathly afraid of snakes and I'm pretty sure I would drop down dead if I ever had to touch one.
2. Every night before bed I tell Jon, to make sure I get up bright and early in the morning. Then I'll have lots of time to make/drink coffee and get ready before the kids hit the ground running. When morning comes Jon literally has to push me out of bed, while I complain that I really don't want to get up early after all. Every morning.
3. When I was 16 years old I was ranked 2nd in Washington state for girls tennis.
4. When I can't fall asleep at night I imagine myself lying on a beach and pretend I can feel the hot, hot sun soaking into my skin. So relaxing and works every time.
5. When I make a mistake or do something ridiculous, I'm not very good at laughing at myself...a trait that my eldest child seems to have inherited from me.
6. I love skirts and flip flops and would wear them everyday if the weather would allow it.
7. If I could I would only eat fresh apricots, peaches, mangos and chocolate chip cookies every single day, with Diet Coke to wash it all down.

There. Don't you feel better knowing these random bits and pieces about me? : ) Here are a few of my favorite blogs that are worth checking out.

Elisalou Designs - Elisa is a goldmine of wonderful decorating ideas and home remodeling. Love her blog so much. Plus she sews awesome custom bags, purses, camera straps and much more.

Hope is the Thing With Feathers - Kristen is the ultimate in gentle homeschooling and Mothering in general. You will walk away from her blog feeling like you just had a restful retreat.

The Nester - I don't think it's going out on a limb to call this blog "famous". She's a decorating genius....without breaking the bank.

Shivaya Naturals - this blog is all around good. Awesome homeschooling ideas, knitting, decorating, photography and cooking. Most recently, garden planning. Really great.

4 comments:

Miller Moments said...

This was so fun to read. I laughed when I read that Jon has to push you out of bed. Do you remember that in college you would say the same thing to me? I would go in your room (Carla was usually already up and at class) and you would never want to get up! I would yell at you several times before you got out of bed. Ah, roommate memories. :) I love you Kristen!

Kristen Kill said...

Thank you so much! What a fun award! I want to just stick that little beauty blog button on my site...its so pretty! I *loved* hearing the 7 things about you! I am so not a morning person either and that one about Jon getting you up in the morning was hilarious for me :) You are so fun...

Dawn said...

You do have a beautiful blog! This is a well deserved award. I loved reading those random things about you. That's very cool about the tennis thing.

elisa said...

Thank you!!!
I am still trying to come up with 7 interesting things about me!