Last month we decided to get away for the night and drive south to the coastal city of Corpus Christi. As with our trip to Austin the previous month, the weather wasn't very cooperative. This didn't dampen our fun, but did limit what we were able to do and see. Although it was a quick trip, it gave us a taste of another part of this great state.
In case you were wondering where you'd find Pecan World, here it is. It's located on the back roads deep in south Texas. You're welcome. :P
The first thing we did when we arrived was go antiquing! So much fun! Jon found a little antique row and we hit all the shops. I found a Hudson Bay blanket in a junk store - something that has been on my thrift wish-list for years.
Whataburger is *the* burger place in Texas. All the other fast food burger restaurants go by the wayside when there is a Whataburger nearby. We had fun visiting the original location, which opened in Corpus in 1950. There was roof top dining, complete with hungry seagulls.
Later we checked out a skate park. Henry got to skate with the big boys.Bella enjoyed feeling the wind in her beard.
At home we don't have cable, or any TV channels really, so when we stay in a hotel we load up on HGTV. House Hunters is my kids' new favorite. On this night I think we watched about 6 back to back episodes.
The next day was supposed to be our beach day. We headed out to Mustang Island. The wind was cray-zy, so we only stayed about an hour. But, it was fun to see a great spot where we can return someday soon.
2 comments:
Looks like a fun road trip! I love your antique finds and that you got caught up on your HGTV. I have never tried Whataburger but I've been wanting to :) You've got some great travel options nearby!!
I love that you watched House Hunters! We always seem to watch that on vacation too!
Post a Comment