Saturday, February 13, 2010

fairy houses and backyards

The previous owners of our home did elaborate things with their yard (see bottom two photos). And by elaborate, I mean full on landscaping. Translation: no grass - not one single blade. There are very pretty shrubs and bushes that have been full-on bonsai-ed, and are surrounded by river rock that has been arranged in pretty patterns. It's the kind of yard that is pleading for a quaint bistro table to be tucked under this or that tree (note to self, learn names of trees in yard, also, buy quaint bistro table).


The kids have named our new home The Garden House and have been having fun creating little houses here and there in the yard. Henry's have been for the neighborhood raccoon and Havalah's for the neighborhood fairies. She was quite surprised to visit her fairy house one morning to find that the Fairies had left behind a sprinkling of fairy dust. Look closely...
So she left them a sea shell in return...

And a few other pretty things, including a flower petal.

Her favorite audience...

And here is a peek at a corner of our yard. Although pretty, we do have hopes to work this summer on replacing some of the rocks and bushes with grass.


There is a lamp post in the middle of the yard. Isn't that wonderful? It reminds me of the lamp post in Narnia!

5 comments:

Miller Moments said...

Wow, you have Narnia in your backyard!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Dawn said...

You have such a pretty back yard! How cool is that....to have a Narnia lamp post in your own yard.

Delena said...

Beautiful backyard. I love a well manicured yard. Just not my own. It takes work! Love the little fairy house, too.

Kristen Kill said...

Oh I love the lamp post! Its magical :) I know you're remodeling, etc....but when do we get to see more pictures of the house?! Can't stop thinking about you guys and missing all our chances to bump into each other here...

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

WOW!!! It's BEAUTIFUL!!

I love the fairy dust and the lamp post too! :)

My mom has a lamp post like that in her house...I love how it brings me to Narnia each time I visit.

You'll have to post some pictures after you make it your own this summer, I can't wait to see it!