Tuesday, August 17, 2021

The Summer of the Burger

Granted it’s nothing out of the ordinary to have a burger every week, but it has been a really fun (new) summer tradition for us to grill burgers on Saturday nights. We try and go with a different theme every week, often copycatting our favorite burgers from Red Robin and Whataburger. Every week Havalah preps all the veggies, I do the sauces, and Jon grills the burgers. We usually pick some variety of french fry to bake as a side to round out that restaurant feeling. 

Some of our favorite toppings (besides the traditional tomato and lettuce )include:
•grilled onions & mushrooms (w/ Swiss)
•pineapple marinated in a copycat Red Robin teriyaki (w/ provolone)
•guacamole (w/ cheddar or provolone)
•refried beans topped with a crushed tortilla chip (w/ cheddar) This one is another copycat recipe from a burger place in San Antonio.
•peanut butter (this sounds SO weird, I know, but trust me) (w/ cheddar or provolone)
•crispy onion straws or oven baked onion rings (w/ bleu cheese)
•pimento cheese w/ extra veggies

I often have my burger on gf (oven toasted) bread - which is just as yummy as the traditional bun (this was a hard switch for this burger bun loving girl, but it really is good)!

Basically the taller the burger the better ๐Ÿ˜‹








Occasionally it’s fun to mix things up and go the chicken breast or fried green tomato on ciabatta route. In this pic the fried green tomatoes are topped with spicy pimento. Such great flavors {{drool}}

What toppings do you love on burgers???

 

2 comments:

PolkaDottyPlace said...

I'm drooling! These burgers look so good! I love that you all have jobs and responsibilities to make burger night happen. There's a local burger place here that offers a PBJ burger with peanut butter and fresh sliced strawberries on it. I've never tried a friend green tomato, but I'm tempted to after seeing that last delicious picture! Have you ever had a burger in a pita pocket? There was a burger place in Utah that served their burgers in a pita pocket with grilled onions and lettuce and cheese. It was so so good!

R's Rue said...

Yum is all i can say.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com