Here are some before pics: If you are a fan of peaches and cream, then you would've loved this room. The walls were 3 different shades of peach!
And a few after pics:
We are still trying to decide which art we like best over our bed. The vintage sea scape (above) is obviously a better fit, size wise, but we love our French beach photo. Whichever one we don't keep over the bed will hang in the sitting area, to the right of the french door. Feel free to share which artwork you think should hang above the bed!
I had been on the hunt for a mounted sailfish for about 3 years and was ecstatic to find this guy on OfferUp for only $100. He was a fishing price from Cozumel. Yes, please! I will say that the first few mornings he was up on the wall I woke with a start. Ha!
Unfortunately, I only have this one, sad photo of our powder room before we went to work on it. Honestly, it was horrible. You can't tell from the picture, but the toilet was brown as well as the sink. The lighting was fluorescent box lighting. It was BAD. So, we (and by that I mean, Jon), ripped it all out and replaced everything.
I've been collecting vintage seascapes for years and years. They were a little easier to come by in Washington, since we lived so close to Puget Sound (I'd find one at Goodwill almost every time I'd go), but here in Texas, they are few and far between. Sniff.
Thanks for letting me share! Whenever I look around and feel like there are just too many house projects for this lifetime, it's good to refer back to what we have already done. I'm feeling thankful. :)


4 comments:
looks like a HGTV house. !! pretty cute, young lady !!
I am impressed! What a huge change you've made in this room. I love your sitting area and that table in between your chairs is so pretty. The giant fish looks like it belongs there and I say go with your favorite photo above your bed. Your powder room is so charming! The round mirror reminds of the windows on a cruise ship. It's perfect for your nautical theme. I love your unique collection of seascapes and that you are always on the hunt for more. I'm thinking of doing a theme in our half bathroom and you've convinced me that's the way to go. Keep the house updates coming :)
Amazing transformation!
Kristen, I didn't realize you were still blogging and just made my way back to your site after visiting with the Pedersens and the Chens on Sunday at our house- they mentioned it! So fun to see your renovations and hear about your life! We would LOVE to come see you sometime! :-)
Post a Comment