Sunday, April 08, 2012

How to make one day feel like a vacation



So today was sunny! It was like God knew that I had reached the end of my [rainy day] rope. I get it, I live in the Northwest, it rains here. But oh my word, we haven't had a break from the rain in weeks. But today, spring showed it's sunny face, to the tune of 70 degrees.

We were so fortunate to have a lively Easter celebration with both sets of Grandparents. Lovely conversations and a yummy brunch with things like Lobster Crab Cake Benedict, Crab and Shrimp Crepes, and chocolate covered strawberries!

The icing on the cake was when we returned home and actually got to play OUTSIDE! H & H changed into their swimsuits and played with the garden hose. There was running and squealing and upturned faces. There was a game of catch, a bike ride to the park and a game of chase. At one point Jon and I looked at each other, knowing just what the other was thinking. Sunny days rock.

After dinner, as the sun was setting, we all piled up on the double lounge chair together, talking about how wonderful it feels to play in the sun. Everything seems right in the world when the sun shines on our faces and warms our skin.

The day seemed to stretch on and on, like a gift, like we were on vacation. Sadly, the rain returns tomorrow - but after today I'm ready. The sun will return!