Thursday, November 20, 2008

tradtional (or not) turkeys

I just can't let the Thanksgiving season go by without making one of these handprint turkeys. Notice Havalah's carefully drawn beaks, tongues and wobblers. In front of each of them is a neat, organized pile of "turkey feed". These turkeys are lucky, because they are enjoying a nice, warm, sunny fall day. Lucky turkeys.
now scroll down....
























Oh yeah! It's party time, baby! These turkey have never had it so good! When I asked Henry where these guys live that they get to have fireworks and confetti whenever they want, he said, "it's just a regular turkey farm, silly." Right. I'm the silly one. :)

4 comments:

Miller Moments said...

We made these too! Sooo fun.

dawn klinge said...

That's so cute how your kids were each doing the same project, but made them so individual. Sunny days, and fireworks...lucky turkeys indeed!

Kristen said...

I love seeing Havah and Henry's distinct personalities in their art! What a ham your sweet boy is...love him! It was so nice to see you today :)

Lynne said...

I love all these projects you are doing with Henry and Havah... it takes me back to when I had two little blonde boys at home... why don't I do these things now with my girls?! Thanks for the inspiration!